The world is slowing down and staying home in response to the recent corona virus. However, real estate is an industry that is on the is open 24/7, 365 days a year and if you find yourself buying and/or selling a home currently we will be taking certain precautions to help keep you and the public healthy and safe.
Firstly, we are following the precautions that the CDC recommends and are asking clients to do the same:
- Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
Due to the quick moving nature of the Denver real estate market, we are taking addition measures:
- Open Houses: For homes that are currently listed, we are advising not doing an open house. We are also recommending buyers do not attend open houses but rather set up a private showing with Liz.
- As always, our listings have both professional photos and virtual tours for buyers that do not feel comfortable viewing a home currently.
- Booties and disinfectant wipes are being provided to buyers viewing our listings and our buyers looking at homes.
- Buyers are being advised to wash hands as they enter and exit a home.
- Showings. One party in a home at a time for viewings. Our listings will no longer allow for overlapping appointments. If our buyers are viewing a listing that allows for overlapping appointments, we will wait outside until the showing before us ends.
As always, we want to keep our clients and the public as safe and healthy as possible. We are continually watching for the latest news on this virus and adjusting, as appropriate. The Denver real estate market does not appear to be slowing down much due to the virus and while this is good for the market, it means stricter protocols need to be in place to keep everyone safe.
Please contact Liz for any questions or concerns. Stay healthy!!
Liz is broker and owner of Liz Daigle Realty.